Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Struck Fear in the Heart of my Husband


When I told him I think I could design and make my own furniture. Out with the ugly couch I made slipcovers (pic) for. We never have to buy furniture again. I'll be making it from now on.

"You won't even use the saw I got you last year!" he says.

"That wasn't a gift, that was bought to fix the floor in that dive we left two years ago. And anyway, I want a circular saw. And a table for it."

He rolls his eyes and winces as though he is having birthing pains.

Seriously! How hard can it be? All I need is a frame, some stuffing, and some fabric! I even researched it on the web, and found this; http://www.ehow.com/how_2202480_build-sofa-scratch.html . It's a little rough, but it's like the little black dress; you can dress it up or dress it down. I'm sure mine would be fabulous! wink.

2 comments:

Mehnaz said...

Hey Michelle!

Thanks for checking in on my blog. It's nice to meet a fellow INTJ.
Love your choice in music. I'm a big fan of Tom Waits :)

Michelle said...

I know! What are the odds?!? I was turned on to Tom Waits by my DH. Stop by any time!